Beware this is based on US data….but it is very good news
Direct to Consumer brands in the USA have found great success so far in 2022 with Direct Mail; for example some brands have reported they:
- Reach every household in their target market AND
- Earn $20 back for every dollar invested in advertising
It’s no secret that receiving mail can be one of the most exciting parts of the day (oh, the strange times we live in – for example 41% of Americans genuinely look forward to checking their mail every day, and 59% agreed that they enjoy getting mail from brands about new products. (see https://www.smallbizgenius.
Privacy changes offshore have made it difficult for some companies to reach their marketing targets…..so they have turned up the dial on Direct Marketing.
As we have mentioned MANY times before; like any marketing, you need a plan before using it so you need to put time into your artwork, knowing your customer, call-to-action etc. Admail always suggests testing a flyer distribution to a smaller area or areas FIRST before putting in place a programmatic campaign for leaflet drops.
It’s no surprise that postage and printing are expensive so you can split test your flyer distribution eg by using different channels, different flyer designs, different offers; to test results – Admail can help you assess these and help you measure ROI.
Your first mail campaign doesn’t have to hit the whole country. Target designated-marketing areas near to you so you can closely monitor the results; eg if you live in Auckland, test by dropping flyers in your surrounding areas first so you can test results. It also means that if you are selling a product or service; your ability to fulfill any customer order will be greater the closer you are to your home base.
Here are some points to consider when designing your flyer for distribution:
- Is it enough just to show a picture of the product?
- Do you need to show a price?
- Do you need to include a discount?
- If a discount is included, what percentage discount is likely to influence customer behavior?
- What are your competitors doing?
- How about joint promotion with another brand to share the costs?
- What are frequent users of Direct Mail doing? Ask Admail, we can give you some tips!
There are likely to be potential customers in New Zealand not in the current scope of your online marketing. Direct mail is a great way to reach them, send an offer, and make a great impression for your brand!
Admail can help you on this flyer distribution journey.